Marking on non-porous plastics, such as HDPE, ABS, polypropylene, and polycarbonate, is performed without pre-treatment. Other typical applications include marking on paper, cardboard, wood, leather, and even coated metals. In addition to fixed and variable text, this unit produces high-quality, high-resolution (600 DPI) printing of barcodes and 2D codes, serial numbers, time, date, lot number and shift codes within messages.
Extremely easy to install, the Coditherm can be integrated into an automated production line or supplied as a stand-alone unit for semi-automatic use with an operator, perfect for small batches with frequent text changes. Message creation and editing is done with the controller’s touch screen graphical user interface; you can easily upload graphics and logos directly from a PC or USB memory stick. The thermal ribbons come in a wide variety of colors and styles, including hard resins, metallic, pigmented, and anti-counterfeiting.
- Patented design for digital marking of variable information onto rigid and semi-rigid materials
- Quick and easy message creation/editing; no printing plates or dies
- Up to 600 DPI resolution for detailed messaging in small areas
- Replace adhesive labels and mark directly onto parts at a fraction of the cost
- Ideal for small lot sizes with frequent text variations
- Unit-level marking/serialization of bar codes and 2D codes is standard
- Instant dry times and immediate ribbon color change-over/no mess set-up or shut-down
- Maximum printing area of 3.74” x 12.99” (95 mm x 330 mm)
- Available in four models:
- Roller – marking flat parts
- Round – marking round or smooth parts
- Pad – marking on small surfaces
- Rocker – marking in small, recessed areas